Contracts Specialist - Commercial
Do you have Strong organisational skills and ability to manage a range of tasks? Do you have the ability to work independently and liaise with senior management? Read on!!!
Reporting to the National Commercial Manager, this role will see you, provide procurement and contract management services. This will include the development of procurement strategy, management of tendering, contract negotiations, contract documentation, vendor compliance management.
Your key responsibilities will see you:
- Provide commercial advice and support for contractual claims, documents, negotiations; arrangements and compliance with City’s policies as required
- Lead face to face negotiations with existing and potential major suppliers to ensure best value provision of maintenance services
- Support the implementation or measures to ensure continuous improvement to manage the commercial risk, comply with guidelines and regulations, and deliver improved outcomes
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure that services are ordered and delivered within designated timeframes
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers where services have not been delivered to scope/specification and/or to achieve cost savings across the business
- Analyse City’s expenditure, supplier arrangements and procurement practices to identify areas where significant benefit can be achieved
- Conduct regular reviews with key suppliers to ensure contracted benefits are realised and identify additional improvement opportunities to further reduce costs and improve quality of service
To be considered for this role you will have / be:
- A degree in commerce, finance or similar field - Preferred
- Previous experience in facility management – Highly advantageous
- 2 years or more procurement experience with an emphasis on equipment maintenance
- Commercial negotiation skills with experience in tendering, contracting and contractor management
- A high level numerical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point – Essential
City is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports and encourages the diverse needs of each individual Team Member. We provide a challenging and rewarding environment with ongoing professional development for all our Team Members.
City does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. City will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia